#AskDAP Show Episode 49 |Answering your VW and Audi Questions
The AskDAP show is a show we put together with questions that come to us via Email, Twitter or questions we stumble on that we think might be helpful to the VW and Audi community. We will be putting out these shows regularly and answering questions in video format. To keep up with the latest episodes or videos we put out, subscribe to the DAP YouTube Channel. To ask a question for the show send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org be sure to put #AskDAP in the subject line.
Thank you so much for watching…. We hope this info is helpful.
Questions answered on Episode 49 of the AskDAP Show
Questions answered above
1. Would you still recommend Unitronic if I dont have a dealer local to me? In my area all we have near us is an APR dealer and I’m hoping to make sure I have support if I need it.
2. I saw that you upgraded the brake on your MK7 GTI in the 2 DIY videos. I was wondering if you have brake fade from the EBC Red Stuff pads?
3. I called the dealer to schedule a recall and I asked about the 2.0t TSI timing chain tensioner issue. They seemed to not want to talk about this issue and dismissed it. When I pressed them about this they said the issue happened as a result of poorly maintained vehicles. Why wouldn’t they admit to the TSI Tensioner problem which is a known issue?
4. Im looking at APR vs Unitronic on my MK7 and I see that Unitronic runs 19PSI while APR runs 28PSI of boost. How can Unitronic be competitive while running such a low amount of boost.
5. If I put an IS38 turbo on my MK7 GTI will it still be under warranty since its still an OEM VW part?
Links to Info Talked about in this Video
About the Host (Paul Barrett)
I have been a VW enthusiast and professional since 2001. I have worked in most roles in a VW dealers from Dealer Tech to Parts Manager. With the AskDAP show we hope that by answering that 1 questions it might help others who dont know where these type of questions can be answered.
For more info about the me and the Deutsche Auto Parts story Click HERE
DAP the best place for VW and Audi Parts Online
Leave a Comment